If you’re already a coach or undergoing training to become one, you can join the peer coaching sessions, as long as you abide by the guidelines on this page. If you violate the guidelines, ICHARS reserves the right to remove you from the peer coaching sessions and access to the ICHARS website.
Peer Coaching Sessions
What is Peer Coaching?
Peer coaching refers to two coaches, coaching each other! And as a result, both coaches learn and grow.
Peer coaching also counts as valid coaching hours and you can use them to log hours when you are applying for a coaching credential (provided your training institute or association allows so).
Peer Coaching at ICHARS
At ICHARS, we would love coaches of the world to come together and share their learnings and experiences. This is why you can participate in these peer coaching sessions and hone your skills with other coaches, whether you have trained with us at ICHARS, or you have been certified by other institutes.
There’s no cost to participate.
Peer Coaching Guidelines
- You must sign the Peer Coaching Agreement. The Agreement is applicable to the peer coaching sessions you participate in, through ICHARS.
- You must abide by the rules defined in the peer coaching agreement.
- Only certified life coaches or coaches currently undergoing a coach training program should participate.
- When you join a peer coaching session, you will be randomly assigned to a partner. If there’s someone with whom you’ve done peer coaching before and you want to continue with the same peer coach, message the host in the chat option and they will assign you to that room, provided the other peer coach agrees.
- You may record the coaching session, if both parties agree to do so. ICHARS will not save a copy of this recording.
- If you’d like to continue meeting up with the peer coach you’re matched with offline, you may arrange this on your own, with agreement from the peer coach. ICHARS will have no role in this, however.
- Sessions are scheduled for specific time and dates. You can attend as many or as few as you like. We may send you a survey from time to time, to check if we should keep the same time or change it.
Peer Coaching FAQ
- Q: How many sessions can I attend? A: There is one session every week. Each session is 2 hours so that both coaches get enough time coaching each other. You can attend as many sessions as you want.
- Q: What is the cost of these sessions? A: This is a FREE initiative by ICHARS to support the coaching community.
- Q: How are peer coaches selected? A: It’s a random assignment.
- Q: How are the sessions held? A: The peer coaching sessions are hosted on Zoom. Once you sign the Peer Coaching Agreement and register for a session, every time you attend a session, you will be randomly sorted into breakout rooms. If there’s a peer coach you have worked with before, and want to do so again, just let the host know and they will try to assign you to the same peer coach.
- Q: What language will be used in peer coaching? A: We request that all coaches speak English. However, if you are paired with a peer coach and you both speak another language, you’re welcome to use that language by mutual; consent.
- Q: Are the sessions moderated? A: No. The sessions are between the two peer coaches.
- Q: Is there a minimum or maximum number of sessions? A: No. Once you register, you’re welcome to attend as many sessions as you like. But when you attend, you need to abide by the guidelines and are expected to stay for the entirety of the session.