Institute of Clinical Hypnosis and Related Sciences
Empowering Mental Health Professionals
Develop advanced therapeutic skills
ICHARS is dedicated to enabling coaches and mental health practitioners create a happier, healthier, more fulfilling world by helping them develop advanced coaching and therapeutic skills with comprehensive, step-by-step training. This enables them to serve their clients better and meet their professional and personal goals.
from the horse's mouth
It was 2009, when I (Nitin Shah) began my journey into this field. I was struggling with my own challenges at that time.
(You can read more about these challenges and how they changed my life in the book: Destiny of Choice)
These challenges helped me understand and empathize with other who were going through their own struggles and challenges.
I knew I wanted to help them but I also understood that I needed proper practical skills and experience do so effectively.
I went through multiple training programs with multiple institutes.
Still at the end of it all I felt I am not there yet.
I did not really have a step-by-step process to work with clients. I knew that I knew a lot but did not know how to use my learnings from a practical point of view.
While I was somehow still able to help the clients overcome their challenges, they would from time to time keep having relapses.
With all the courses I had attended, I was aware of so many techniques but had no idea which technique to use with which client. I kept asking myself with every client, whether I use CBT with this client or Hypnosis or Metaphors and so on.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the more courses I attended the more confused and lost I became.
Then one day I was working with a client who as some people say would fall into the category of resistant client. I just wasn’t getting any breakthroughs till I used the CBT thought restructuring with the client in a Hypnotic State.
The change that the client experienced as a result of this combination was transformational. The client started noticing major observable changes in his life from the next day onwards.
It was this incident that made me understand the true power of integration. I started exploring more and more such integration with clients and the results I began to get were better, faster and more sustainable.
I tried speaking to others, some of them provided interesting ideas about how the integration could work but there was still something missing.
It was only when during a class I spoke about the integration and started answering questions related to the same, that things began to become crystal clear.
I was struggling with integrations because I had learnt these techniques individually in different courses by different people who while being very good at what they did, were still operating out of the limitations of the framework or modality they were using.
As I spoke to more and more practitioners about their challenges and why they are not able to integrate different techniques together, the more convinced I became of the need to train practitioners in a way that they learn about these integrations.
That they train in a framework that is not influenced by the limitations of an individual modality but that integrates each of these modalities seamlessly.
This conviction became the primary building block for conceptualization of Cognitive Hypnotic Psychotherapy which was the first course that we offered under ICHARS.
Over the years, while adding any new live course to ICHARS offering, we have been mindful of the importance of an eclectic approach. Each course is conceptualised, designed and tested to meet this criteria before it is made available for practitioners.
What we do
- Institute of Clinical Hypnosis and Related Sciences (ICHARS) was incorporated with the objective to help mental health practitioners develop advanced therapeutic skills.
- Pilot programs on Hypnosis, NLP and Metaphors organized for practising therapists
Launch of a truly eclectic course in psychotherapy
Launched version 1 of the Cognitive Hypnotic Psychotherapy program (then called the Cognitive Hypnotic Behavioural Programming).
The first workshop was conducted with psychology teachers from selected institutes. A decision based on feedback was taken to restrict access to the Psychotherapy Course only for people from a background in Psychology or Medicines.
1st Workshop outside Mumbai
With the awareness about the Cognitive Hypnotic Psychotherapy approach growing and the amazing reviews that we started pouring in, we spread our wings and launched workshops outside Mumbai
Post Level Online Modules
Restructuring of the Practitioners courses by adding pre-level online modules and making the mandatory before attending live sessions. This enables an increased focus on practice sessions during live training.
- Initiated the Cognitive Hypnotic Coaching Certification Program by integrating the super powerful SOFT SEA Coaching model with techniques from Hypnosis and NLP
- CHCP crosses 500 Student Mark
ICHARS Support Foundation incorporated
Focus on Non-profit activities
- Setting up of Charitable therapy center
- Multiple awareness programs with the help of our CHCP Participants and interns
- Additional Online course on ICHARS website
The year of Firsts
- CHC and CHP Diploma instituted
- CHC Diploma becomes virtual
- CHCP crosses 1000 student mark
- Online Support Group Kick-off
- Short internship programs begin
- TruTalks and PsyTalks: Exclusive Live series launched
- Short Certification Programs of Anxiety and Relationship Counselling Launched
Focusing on Growth
- New Short Certificate Courses on Sleep and Social Anxiety Counselling Launched
- TruTalks on NLP and PsyTalks on Meditation launched as a part of TruTalks and PsyTalks Live Series
- Focus on collaborations with other training institutes offering related courses
- Expanding ICHARS offerings for Corporate
- One-stop mental and behavioural health mobile app
Other Initiatives by ICHARS
On one hand, Destiny of Choice is a tale of romance and its tragic challenges. On the other hand, it is an incredibly powerful manual for living a happy life. The book is based on the events in the life on Misba Shah (Our Director) and Nitin Shah (Our CEO).